Monday, August 25, 2014

Where're yinz going?

*I discovered the above PA colloquialism at an ice-cream joint just opposite Mingo Creek park.

We've made it, oh, I'd say, 15 miles today. I had planned on moving well into the night, but a friendly woman named Ashton has invited us to make use of her home. Not wanting to miss any opportunities for new friendships, we've gladly accepted the offer. I've just finished pitching the tent in the yard. Buddy's had a double helping of some really great food--an employee had discreetly placed it into our cart while I was in the Washington PetCo this morning. Fortunate fellow! He's getting to sample the whole spectrum of top end foods, thanks to the generous folks in this neck of the woods.

I'm told that dinner is almost ready, so it's off to the house for some pasta. Ashton and her mother, Naoma, both join me for the meal on the front porch. The food and fellowship are both top notch. It's a privilege to be welcomed by such amicable and hospitable people, and I'll try not to take such valuable appointments for granted.


Ashton and the knomes

All the hills have left Bud a bit more tired than usual.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad Yinz re doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Old Buddy...that's about the finest traveling partner a fella could ask for...Glad to.see you're making.new friends and great memories.Safe Travels...Ever Watchful Raven-:>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 245 miles left for your little ol' red cart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed having yours and buddy's company and we are blessed to have met such a nice person and great companion hope you guys are doing well! Diesel misses his new friends dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited to receive your invitation, and I know that Buddy thoroughly enjoyed all the things to smell, including Diesel. It was brilliant getting to know you and your mother. Please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete